March is colorectal CANCER awareness month click here to read nancy's blog and scroll down for information on how to donate
Shop by State
- South Carolina Collection
- Tennessee Collection
- Southern Cooking Collection
- Read All About the South Y'all
- 2023 Collection
- Custom Printing
- About Us
- Amazon Picks
SIMPLE CAST IRON SKILLET CORNBREAD
This easy three-ingredient cast iron skillet cornbread is as simple as it gets and makes a great base for adding more adventurous flavors.
Cheddar cheese and jalapeños, avocados and bacon, blue cheese and buffalo chicken, or cranberries and oranges are all tasty ways you could modify this classic recipe. Of course, it's just as tasty served warm from the skillet with butter or honey!
- 1 cup white, self-rising cornmeal
- 1 egg
- Buttermilk to make batter very thin (about 1 cup)
1. Oil a small cast iron skillet and place it in the oven as oven preheats to 450 degrees F.
2. Mix all ingredients together to make the batter. Pour batter into hot skillet.
3. Bake for 20 minutes or until nicely browned.