March is colorectal CANCER awareness month click here to read nancy's blog and scroll down for information on how to donate
Shop by State
- South Carolina Collection
- Tennessee Collection
- Southern Cooking Collection
- Read All About the South Y'all
- 2023 Collection
- Custom Printing
- About Us
- Amazon Picks
SHRIMP & CORN WITH WHISKEY BUTTER
FOR THE WHISKEY BUTTER
- 8 oz. salted butter, softened
- 2 Tbs. minced red onion
- 2 Tbs. minced garlic
- 2½ Tbs. Cajun seasoning
- 1/4 cup Canadian whiskey
- Diamond Crystal kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Combine all of the ingredients and set aside.
FOR SHRIMP & CORN
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 lb. red potatoes, cut in small dice
- 1 lb. smoked sausage, sliced
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 lbs. 31/35 count local shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 8 ears fresh summer white corn, husks & silk removed, kernels cut off
Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the potatoes and cook, stirring frequently, until tender, five to eight minutes. Add the sausage and cook for one minute.
Increase the heat to high and add the wine. Scrape the bottom of the saucepan to pull up any browned bits. Cook the mixture for two minutes to burn off the alcohol. Reduce the heat to medium-high. Stir in the whiskey butter and cook until hot. Add the shrimp and corn and cook for three to five minutes, stirring frequently, or until the shrimp are pink and the corn is tender.
Divide between four bowls and serve.