March is colorectal CANCER awareness month click here to read nancy's blog and scroll down for information on how to donate
Shop by State
- South Carolina Collection
- Tennessee Collection
- Southern Cooking Collection
- Read All About the South Y'all
- 2023 Collection
- Custom Printing
- About Us
- Amazon Picks
PALMETTO FARMS SHRIMP & GRITS
- 1 ½ cups chicken broth
- 1 ½ cups milk
- ¼ tsp. Salt (more to taste)
- ¾ cup Palmetto Farms Grits
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
FOR SHRIMP TOPPING
- 1 cup diced bacon + 2 tbsp. fat
- ½ cup thinly sliced onion
- 2 tsp. hot pepper sauce
- 1 lb. medium peeled shrimp
- 1 cup thinly sliced green bell pepper
- Grated cheese for garnish
- Sliced green onions for garnish
1. Bring chicken broth and milk to boil in a medium saucepan.
2. Stir in grits and salt, return to boil. Cover and reduce heat to low.
3. Cook 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in cheese. Keep warm.
1. Cook diced bacon in pan until crisp. Remove bacon and drain all but 2 tbsp. of fat.
2. Add peppers and onions to pan. Cook until tender.
3. Add cleaned shrimp and cook until pink. Return bacon to pan.
4. Stir in hot pepper sauce, salt and pepper to taste.
Serve shrimp mixture over warm grits. Garnish with green onions and cheese