March is colorectal CANCER awareness month click here to read nancy's blog and scroll down for information on how to donate
PALMETTO CHEESE QUICHE
- 1 Frozen deep dish pie crust par baked per instructions
- 1 small-medium zucchini sliced very thin
- 2 heirloom tomatoes sliced thin
- 2 ears of corn on the cob cooked, boiled or grilled then shucked
- 6 pieces of bacon, cooked then crumbled
- 3 extra large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons of fresh pesto
- 1/2 cup shredded Gruyère
- 1 cup shredded Romano
- 1/2 cup Palmetto Cheese
1. Slice tomatoes and zucchini thin and lay on 3 layers of paper towels. Salt them to draw out excess water. Blot dry after 30 minutes.
2. Par bake pie crust per instructions on the package. Let crust cool slightly.
3. Beat eggs, pesto (or fresh basil with a little garlic), and milk until combined.
4. Combine the Gruyère and Romano cheese. Add a thin layer of shredded cheese to the crust. Begin layering zucchini and tomatoes.
5. Spread corn and bacon evenly over the vegetable layer.
6. Add dollops of pimento cheese and spread with the back of a spoon carefully.
7. Sprinkle a little more shredded cheese. Pour egg mixture evenly over the crust. Finish with zucchini and tomatoes and top with a little more shredded cheese.
8. Bake 350F for 45 minutes.
9. Make sure eggs have set and crust doesn't burn. Let set up for 10 minutes before cutting and serving.