March is colorectal CANCER awareness month click here to read nancy's blog and scroll down for information on how to donate
DUKE'S FRIED CHICKEN FRENCH BREAD PIZZA
- 1 French Bread Loaf
- Olive Oil, as needed
- 1 cup Duke's Carolina Gold BBQ Sauce
- 2 cups Shredded Cheese
- 2 Fried Chicken Breasts, sliced
- Pickled Red Onions, as needed
- Purple Cabbage Slaw (recipe below)
- 1 Fresh Jalapeño, optional
- 1 tbsp. Chopped Chives
- 1 tbsp. Chopped Italian Parsley
- 1 tbsp. Chopped Cilantro
1. Preheat the oven to 425 and cut the loaf of French bread in half. Drizzle each half with olive oil and bake for 3-5 minutes or until lightly toasted.
2. Remove from the oven and spread each half with Duke's Carolina Gold BBQ Sauce. Then sprinkle with half the cheese, top with the sliced fried chicken and then the remaining half of the cheese
3. Bake for an additional 10-15 minutes, or until cheese has melted and bubbly
4. Remove from the oven and allow the pizza to cool for a few minutes. Then, cut into slices and top with the pickled red onions, purple cabbage slaw, fresh jalapeño and a sprinkle of herbs. Enjoy immediately
PURPLE CABBAGE SLAW
- 8 cups thinly sliced Red Cabbage (1/2 large cabbage)
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp. Agave Nectar (or maple syrup)
- ½ tsp. Celery Seeds
- ½ tsp. Dried Dill
- Salt & pepper to taste
1. Cut the red cabbage and bell pepper and place them in a large mixing bowl.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients.
3. Pour the mayonnaise mixture over the cabbage and bell peppers, then toss to combine.
4. Set the slaw in the refrigerator until you’re ready to use.
Keep leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.