March is colorectal CANCER awareness month click here to read nancy's blog and scroll down for information on how to donate
Shop by State
- South Carolina Collection
- Tennessee Collection
- Southern Cooking Collection
- Read All About the South Y'all
- 2023 Collection
- Custom Printing
- About Us
- Amazon Picks
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 3 tsp chopped garlic
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked long grain white rice
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 3/4 tsp pepper
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 4-inch Parmesan cheese rind
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 1/2 oz grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 cups shredded boneless, skinless chicken (either boiled or the meat from a rotisserie chicken)
1. Heat oil in a large Dutch oven or deep pan with a lid over medium heat.
2. Cook until softened for about 4 minutes. Add rice, salt, pepper and garlic, cooking until rice begins to toast (3 minutes).
3. Add stock and cheese rind, stir and bring to a boil.
4. Cover and reduce heat to low, simmering until rice is cooked, about 18 minutes.
5. Discard rind, add chicken and stir, cooking until chicken is heated.
6. Add parsley. lemon juice and serve with grated cheese on top.