Hey Y’all! Welcome to Daisy Peach – a Southern Boutique Featuring Gifts, Recipes, Nostalgia and Fun!
Garlic Parmesan Pasta
Posted on September 06 2023,
- 1 box (16 oz) large tube-shaped pasta (rigatoni, penne, ziti)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 cloves garlic (minced/press, chopped from a jar, or garlic paste)
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup whole milk
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1½ cup shredded parmesan cheese grated from a wedge
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Salt the water so you don't have bland pasta. I add about 1 teaspoon salt into the boiling water with the pasta.
- In a sauce pan, over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the garlic and cook and stir for 30 seconds. Add the flour and stir with a whisk for 30 seconds. It will be a thick paste. That's ok.
- While whisking, slowly add in the chicken broth, milk, salt, and pepper. Stir and cook for several minutes until mixture has thickened. Careful not to let this boil and burn. Lower the heat if needed. You don't have to stir constantly, but you should stir very often.
- Once sauce is thickened, take off the heat and add shredded parmesan cheese. Let melt and then stir together to combine. Add basil or green onions for some freshness.
- Drain the pasta but DO NOT rinse it. Add the creamy sauce to the cooked pasta and stir together. Serve!
Step up your protein by adding chicken or shrimp!!! Delish!!!
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
I am Daisy Peach, just a Southern girl who loves to share my Southern world.
I am a forty (something) mom of an amazing teenager, Emma, and wife to my soulmate, Rob. We live in Nashville, TN and enjoy all things southern, casual, cozy and fun!