Hey Y’all! Welcome to Daisy Peach – a Southern Boutique Featuring Gifts, Recipes, Nostalgia and Fun!
Chicken Cordon Bleu Panini
Posted on September 06 2023,
- 4 ounces cream cheese, light or regular, softened
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise or sour cream
- 4 slices French bread (see note)
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken (see note)
- 4-6 thinly sliced deli ham
- Salt and pepper or garlic/herb seasoning – (see note)
- In a small bowl, stir together the cream cheese, Dijon mustard and mayo (or sour cream) until smooth.
- For each sandwich: spread sauce on both sides of the bread (I spread a light coating on the outside of the bread and a more generous dollop on the inside of both pieces). Sprinkle the outside of each piece of bread with a bit of salt and pepper or a garlic/herb seasoning blend and place the pieces of bread seasoning side down.
- Continue layering one slice of bread with a slice of Swiss cheese, cooked chicken, a couple slices of deli ham, and a final slice of Swiss cheese. Top with the other slice of bread (seasonings on the outside).
- Cook the sandwich on a preheated panini press or on a hot griddle or skillet on the stove until golden and the cheese is melted. If using a skillet or griddle, flip as needed to cook through – you can also weigh the sandwich down with a heavy pan or skillet for a panini-like effect. Serve warm.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
I am Daisy Peach, just a Southern girl who loves to share my Southern world.
I am a forty (something) mom of an amazing teenager, Emma, and wife to my soulmate, Rob. We live in Nashville, TN and enjoy all things southern, casual, cozy and fun!