Hey Y’all! Welcome to Daisy Peach – a Southern Boutique Featuring Gifts, Recipes, Nostalgia and Fun!
Cheesy Chicken & Rice
Posted on August 13 2023,
- 3 cup Chicken (cooked and shredded) Feel free to use a rotisserie chicken or leftover chicken.
- 2 cup Instant rice - cooked (Tip - use chicken broth instead of water to cook the rice for extra chicken flavor)
- 22.6 oz Cream of chicken soup(one family style can)
- ½ teaspoon Onion powder (more to taste)
- ⅛ teaspoon Garlic powder (more to taste)
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- 2 cups Cheddar cheese(shredded)
- Note - This casserole is a blank canvas. Add all the seasonings and veggies you like. Taco seasoning, Rotel, broccoli, etc.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Start by cooking rice according to package directions.
- In a large mixing bowl mix cooked chicken, cooked rice, cream of chicken soup, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese. Add this to a casserole dish.
- Top with remaining 1 cup of cheese and bake for 15-20 minutes. Serve and enjoy.
- Optional: Top with chives for garnish and a fresh element.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
I am Daisy Peach, just a Southern girl who loves to share my Southern world.
I am a forty (something) mom of an amazing teenager, Emma, and wife to my soulmate, Rob. We live in Nashville, TN and enjoy all things southern, casual, cozy and fun!