Hey Y’all! Welcome to Daisy Peach – a Southern Boutique Featuring Gifts, Recipes, Nostalgia and Fun!
Smoked Turkey Collared Greens
Posted on April 15 2023,
A "mess of greens" is southern-speak for "enough to feed a large group."
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup white onion, chopped
- 6-8 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 3 cups chicken broth
- Smoked turkey (fully cooked leg, tail or neck)
- 32 oz. collard greens (thoroughly washed, stems removed and cut into strips)
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a large, deep pot, heat olive oil on medium heat. Add onions and cook until tender.
2. Add in chicken broth, garlic and smoked turkey. Bring to a boil and reduce heat. Cover and simmer for about 20-30 minutes.
3. Add collards to pot, pushing them down if necessary. Add salt and pepper to season if desired.
4. When the greens begin to wilt down, cover and simmer for about an hour or until your desired tenderness/texture is reached, stirring occasionally.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
I am Daisy Peach, just a Southern girl who loves to share my Southern world.
I am a forty (something) mom of an amazing teenager, Emma, and wife to my soulmate, Rob. We live in Nashville, TN and enjoy all things southern, casual, cozy and fun!