Hey Y’all! Welcome to Daisy Peach – a Southern Boutique Featuring Gifts, Recipes, Nostalgia and Fun!
Simple Cast Iron Skillet Corn Bread
Posted on April 16 2023,
This easy three-ingredient cast iron skillet cornbread is as simple as it gets and makes a great base for adding more adventurous flavors.
Cheddar cheese and jalapeños, avocados and bacon, blue cheese and buffalo chicken, or cranberries and oranges are all tasty ways you could modify this classic recipe. Of course, it's just as tasty served warm from the skillet with butter or honey!
- 1 cup white, self-rising cornmeal
- 1 egg
- Buttermilk to make batter very thin (about 1 cup)
1. Oil a small cast iron skillet and place it in the oven as oven preheats to 450 degrees F.
2. Mix all ingredients together to make the batter. Pour batter into hot skillet.
3. Bake for 20 minutes or until nicely browned.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
I am Daisy Peach, just a Southern girl who loves to share my Southern world.
I am a forty (something) mom of an amazing teenager, Emma, and wife to my soulmate, Rob. We live in Nashville, TN and enjoy all things southern, casual, cozy and fun!