Hey Y’all! Welcome to Daisy Peach – a Southern Boutique Featuring Gifts, Recipes, Nostalgia and Fun!
Garlic Parmesan Orzo
Posted on November 15 2023,
- 2 Cups Orzo
- 2 Cups Chicken or Vegetable stock, or water
- 4 Tablespoons Butter
- ¼ Cup Onion, diced very small
- 3 Garlic Cloves, pressed or minced
- ¾ Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 /3 Cup Half and Half
- ½ – 1 tsp. salt
- Black pepper to taste
- Olive Oil
- Begin by heating about 1-2 Tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet, let it warm up for about a minute.
- Add the orzo and lightly stir it around the pan so it toasts, this will give the orzo a nutty flavor.
- When the orzo starts to turn golden in color, add the broth or water starting with just ½ cup.
- Let the orzo absorb the liquid entirely, then add the rest. Give it a stir, bring to a quick boil and turn the heat down to a simmer.
- Cover and let it cook for 10-15 minutes.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
I am Daisy Peach, just a Southern girl who loves to share my Southern world.
I am a forty (something) mom of an amazing teenager, Emma, and wife to my soulmate, Rob. We live in Nashville, TN and enjoy all things southern, casual, cozy and fun!