Hey Y’all! Welcome to Daisy Peach – a Southern Boutique Featuring Gifts, Recipes, Nostalgia and Fun!
Garlic Dill Pickles
Posted on April 16 2023,
- 1 lb of pickling cucumbers
- 1 package of fresh dill - Divided
- 2 tbsp. of minced garlic - Divided
- 2 pinches of onion powder - Divided
- Approximately 40 peppercorns - Divided
- 2 ¾ cups of water
- 1 ¼ cups of white vinegar
- ¼ cup of kosher salt
- Quart size mason jar
- 1 tsp of sugar (I don't like sweet pickles - Add up to three tablespoons depending on your taste for sweet pickles)
1. In the bottom of your mason jar, place half the dill peppercorns, onion powder and garlic
2. Chop your cucumbers in coins and place in the jar
3. Top with the remainder of the dill, peppercorns, onion powder and garlic
4. Place water, vinegar, salt and sugar in a pot and bring to a boil
5. Once boiling, carefully pour into the mason jar (note – all boiling mixture will not be used)
6. Please lid on mason jar and let cool on the calendar
7. Once cooled place in the fridge and chill for 12 hours
As long as kept cool, they should last for a few weeks in the fridge. Discard if they start to look or smell off
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
I am Daisy Peach, just a Southern girl who loves to share my Southern world.
I am a forty (something) mom of an amazing teenager, Emma, and wife to my soulmate, Rob. We live in Nashville, TN and enjoy all things southern, casual, cozy and fun!