Hey Y’all! Welcome to Daisy Peach – a Southern Boutique Featuring Gifts, Recipes, Nostalgia and Fun!
Posted on July 12 2023,
- 4 larger ears fresh corn, shucked (yields about 4 cups, 20 oz corn kernels)
- 1 heaping cup halved grape tomatoes
- 1 cup diced English cucumber
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- 2/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 Tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp each salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Make dressing: In a mixing bowl whisk together olive oil, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, honey, garlic, salt and pepper. Refrigerate while preparing salad.
- For the salad: Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Have a large bowl of ice water ready nearby.
- Once water in pot boils add corn and cook just 3 minutes (even 2 minutes if you want it a little more raw and crisp).
- Transfer to ice water to cool for a few minutes. Drain well.
- Cut kernels from corn then transfer to a large bowl.
- Add tomatoes, cucumbers, red onion, feta, parsley and basil.
- Whisk dressing again then pour over salad. Toss well to coat, season with more salt as desired.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
I am Daisy Peach, just a Southern girl who loves to share my Southern world.
I am a forty (something) mom of an amazing teenager, Emma, and wife to my soulmate, Rob. We live in Nashville, TN and enjoy all things southern, casual, cozy and fun!