Hey Y’all! Welcome to Daisy Peach – a Southern Boutique Featuring Gifts, Recipes, Nostalgia and Fun!
Palmetto Farms Shrimp & Grits
Posted on April 09 2023,
- 1 ½ cups chicken broth
- 1 ½ cups milk
- ¼ tsp. Salt (more to taste)
- ¾ cup Palmetto Farms Grits
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
FOR SHRIMP TOPPING
- 1 cup diced bacon + 2 tbsp. fat
- ½ cup thinly sliced onion
- 2 tsp. hot pepper sauce
- 1 lb. medium peeled shrimp
- 1 cup thinly sliced green bell pepper
- Grated cheese for garnish
- Sliced green onions for garnish
1. Bring chicken broth and milk to boil in a medium saucepan.
2. Stir in grits and salt, return to boil. Cover and reduce heat to low.
3. Cook 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in cheese. Keep warm.
1. Cook diced bacon in pan until crisp. Remove bacon and drain all but 2 tbsp. of fat.
2. Add peppers and onions to pan. Cook until tender.
3. Add cleaned shrimp and cook until pink. Return bacon to pan.
4. Stir in hot pepper sauce, salt and pepper to taste.
Serve shrimp mixture over warm grits. Garnish with green onions and cheese
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
I am Daisy Peach, just a Southern girl who loves to share my Southern world.
I am a forty (something) mom of an amazing teenager, Emma, and wife to my soulmate, Rob. We live in Nashville, TN and enjoy all things southern, casual, cozy and fun!