Hey Y’all! Welcome to Daisy Peach – a Southern Boutique Featuring Gifts, Recipes, Nostalgia and Fun!
Lemon-Basil Crab Cakes
Posted on April 15 2023,
Spring crab cakes from the chef of Twenty Six Divine
- 1 lb. lump crabmeat
- 1 lb. shrimp, cooked, chilled, patted dry, and chopped small
- 1/4 cup whole-grain mustard
- 2 Tbs. chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 tsp. granulated garlic
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. Old Bay seasoning
- 3 Tbs. grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil), finely minced
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. fine lemon zest (preferably done with a microplane)
- Juice of two lemons
- Kosher salt and pepper, to taste
- 3-4 Tbs. canola oil
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Place first 14 ingredients in a medium mixing bowl. Mix well and season with salt and pepper. Use a two-ounce scoop to portion out the cakes.
2. Heat a sauté pan over medium-high heat for one-and-a-half to two minutes, then coat pan with canola oil for a very shallow pan fry. Heat the oil for approximately one to one and a half minutes, then use tongs to set cakes into the pan one to two inches apart. Continuously rotate cakes on one side with tongs to achieve an even, golden brown sear (three to four minutes). Carefully turn cakes over and sear. When cakes are fully seared, transfer to a sheet pan that’s lightly coated with pan spray. Repeat with remaining cakes.
3. Finish cakes in oven for eight to 12 minutes or until hot throughout
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
I am Daisy Peach, just a Southern girl who loves to share my Southern world.
I am a forty (something) mom of an amazing teenager, Emma, and wife to my soulmate, Rob. We live in Nashville, TN and enjoy all things southern, casual, cozy and fun!