Hey Y’all! Welcome to Daisy Peach – a Southern Boutique Featuring Gifts, Recipes, Nostalgia and Fun!
Clifty Farms Country Ham
Posted on April 15 2023,
- 1 uncooked country ham
1. Soak old hams in water overnight before boiling.
2. Remove hock; scrub ham thoroughly with a stiff brush and warm water.
3. Place ham, skin side up, in a deep covered pan.
4. Add water to within two inches of the top of the pan and add about a cup of sorghum, honey, or brown sugar.
5. Cook slowly (about 325 degrees) and bring to a slow boil.
6. Cook approximately 20 minutes per pound of ham.
7. The ham will be done when it reaches an internal temperature of 160F.
8. Remove skin and allow to cool in liquid in which it was cooked.
9. After the ham is cool, remove from liquid and cover with a paste made of brown sugar moistened with vinegar.
10. Stick with cloves. Place under broiler or in a hot oven until sugar is melted. Serve hot or cold.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
I am Daisy Peach, just a Southern girl who loves to share my Southern world.
I am a forty (something) mom of an amazing teenager, Emma, and wife to my soulmate, Rob. We live in Nashville, TN and enjoy all things southern, casual, cozy and fun!