Hey Y’all! Welcome to Daisy Peach – a Southern Boutique Featuring Gifts, Recipes, Nostalgia and Fun!
Posted on April 11 2023,
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 3 tsp chopped garlic
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked long grain white rice
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 3/4 tsp pepper
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 4-inch Parmesan cheese rind
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 1/2 oz grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 cups shredded boneless, skinless chicken (either boiled or the meat from a rotisserie chicken)
- Heat oil in a large Dutch oven or deep pan with a lid over medium heat.
- Cook until softened for about 4 minutes. Add rice, salt, pepper and garlic, cooking until rice begins to toast (3 minutes).
- Add stock and cheese rind, stir and bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat to low, simmering until rice is cooked, about 18 minutes.
- Discard rind, add chicken and stir, cooking until chicken is heated.
- Add parsley. lemon juice and serve with grated cheese on top.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
I am Daisy Peach, just a Southern girl who loves to share my Southern world.
I am a forty (something) mom of an amazing teenager, Emma, and wife to my soulmate, Rob. We live in Nashville, TN and enjoy all things southern, casual, cozy and fun!