Hey Y’all! Welcome to Daisy Peach – a Southern Boutique Featuring Gifts, Recipes, Nostalgia and Fun!
Pumpkin Bread with Maple Glaze
Posted on November 16 2023,
Pumpkin Spice Streusel
- 1/4 cup (55g) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup (65g) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (50g) light brown sugar, packed
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 15oz can pure pumpkin puree *SEE NOTES
- 1 cup (200g) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (100g) light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup (100ml) vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (110ml) milk
- 1 3/4 cups (230g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 cup (60g) powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup (85g) pure maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 325F
- Grease the inside of a 9×5 loaf pan, and line with parchment paper. Make sure the paper comes up and over the two longest sides of the pan so it’s easy to lift out.
- In a bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, salt) and set aside.
- Using an electric mixer or a whisk, mix together the sugars, pumpkin, and oil until fully combined. Then mix in the eggs and vanilla.
- Mix in half of the dry ingredients, then the milk, and then the rest of the dry ingredients until you get a smooth batter.
- Pour it into the prepared pan and spread it even.
- Take the streusel out of the fridge and break it up using a knife or fork to create uniform crumps.
- Completely cover the top of the batter in streusel and bake for 1 hr and 20 minutes or until a toothpick in the middle comes out clean. If it needs more time, keep adding 5 minutes until it’s ready.
- While the bread bakes, mix together the powdered sugar and maple syrup.
- With the bread fresh from the oven, pour the glaze on top of the hot loaf.
- Let the pumpkin bread cool for about 20 minutes then remove from the pan and slice. Serve warm or store in an air tight container in the fridge. Enjoy!
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
I am Daisy Peach, just a Southern girl who loves to share my Southern world.
I am a forty (something) mom of an amazing teenager, Emma, and wife to my soulmate, Rob. We live in Nashville, TN and enjoy all things southern, casual, cozy and fun!