Hey Y’all! Welcome to Daisy Peach – a Southern Boutique Featuring Gifts, Recipes, Nostalgia and Fun!
Pecan Brittle Basket
Posted on April 11 2023,
by Baked Bree
- 1/4 cup Blueberries
- 1/4 cup Kiwi
- 1/4 cup Mango
- 1/4 cup Pineapple
- 1/4 cup Strawberries
- 1 cup Corn syrup
- 3/4 cups Flour
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 1 cup Pecans
- 2 sticks Butter
- 1 Cream, freshly whipped
- 1 Vanilla bean ice cream
1. In a food processor, grind the pecans. Sift the flour and salt together three times. Set aside.
2. In a saucepan, melt together the butter, sugar, and corn syrup. Bring the mixture to a boil. Add the pecans and the flour. Add the vanilla in off of the heat.
3. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Using an ice cream scoop, drop the batter on to the cookie sheet. Give the cookies room as they expand during baking.
4. Bake the cookies in a preheated 275-degree oven for 15-20 minutes.
5. Take a pair of scissors and cut the parchment around the cookies and lifted up the cookie and turned it over a custard cup. Let the cookies firm up for about a minute and then turned them out to cool completely.
6. Cut up some fruit. Carolina’s serves the Pecan Brittle Basket with homemade vanilla bean ice cream, fresh fruit and fresh whipped cream.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
I am Daisy Peach, just a Southern girl who loves to share my Southern world.
I am a forty (something) mom of an amazing teenager, Emma, and wife to my soulmate, Rob. We live in Nashville, TN and enjoy all things southern, casual, cozy and fun!