Hey Y’all! Welcome to Daisy Peach – a Southern Boutique Featuring Gifts, Recipes, Nostalgia and Fun!
Posted on April 16 2023,
½ cup white sugar
2 T cornstarch
1/2 t salt
2 c milk
1 T + ¼ c butter, divided (1 T for pudding, ¼ c for bananas
2 t vanilla
1/4 c brown sugar
4 c bananas (about 5 medium)
4 c vanilla wafers (about 1/2 12oz box)
1. In a small bowl whisk together white sugar, cornstarch and salt.
2. Heat milk in a medium sauce pan over medium heat just until bubbles form around the edges.
3. Add the dry ingredients to the milk, stirring so that everything mixes together well. Cook until the mixture has thickened enough to coat the back of the spoon, 3-5 minutes.
1. Slice the bananas evenly, about ½” thick.
2. In a large skillet melt brown sugar and 1/4 c butter until sugar is dissolved. Add bananas.
And cook 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat.
Layer as Follows:
Vanilla Wafers, bananas, pudding, and repeat.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
I am Daisy Peach, just a Southern girl who loves to share my Southern world.
I am a forty (something) mom of an amazing teenager, Emma, and wife to my soulmate, Rob. We live in Nashville, TN and enjoy all things southern, casual, cozy and fun!